Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September Ornament finished

Hi all

Well here's this month's ornament which I finished last night. It's from the 2007 JCS ornament issue. I will say one thing for anyone planning to stitch this, cut the fabric larger than the recommended size as on 32ct it's 4" x 4" and the recommended fabric size is only 6" x 6". I found this really awkward seeing as I don't normally stitch in hand. Ended up the only way to get the border done was to stitch it in hand.

The Sunflower Seed - A Star, A Star
stitched with DMC & RG Petite Treasure Braid
on 32ct Antique White belfast
stitching completed September 15, 2008
Now it's back to some of my w.i.p's and to decide on what I'm going to stitch for an exchange due soon.
Happy Stitching
Amanda

4 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

The words on that ornament come from one of my favourite Christmas carols. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

Your ornie looks fantastic - this was my choice for this month too :) Have to admit I always add strips of calico to the sides of my ornies then whack 'em in the Q-snaps, so mini borders are no biggie for me ... I'd never get it finished if I had to stitch in hand! One day I really must get mine kitted up ... but hey, we've still got nearly two weeks left huh? LOL.

Marianne said...

Great choice for an ornament Amanda! Love your owl btw. Can't wait to see your ornament finishes this year!!

Jennifer said...

Good tip! I loved this ornament when I saw it, and I am definitely going to stitch it at some point.