Saturday, November 20, 2010

November catch-up

Hi all

Well it's been a bit longer between posts than anticipated but I have some pics to share! Not as many as I thought I would though as I have had a touch of vertigo this past couple of weeks which has not made it easy to stitch! Anyway, here.s some pics of what I managed this month so far.

First up I finished my wip of The Trilogy - Family
Stitched as charted on 28ct bone jobelan with DMC, WDW & GAST. Stitching completed November 4, 2010

Next up was an ornament for an exchange I'm in. I decided on La D Da's 'Tis Red from the 2010 JCS ornament issue. It's even "finished" now too!

Stitched as charted on 28ct antique white monaco with DMC #4210. Stitching completed November 12,2010.

Here's a pic of it "finished" which I did yesterday. Hope the recipient likes it!

I also finished a couple of other items yesterday, here's some pics:
JBW Christmas star 2010 JCS ornament issue. Finished as a pillow ornament.
This pic shows the backing fabric and glittery gold ric rac I used for both ornaments. Love this ric rac!! Need to find some more!

I also finished my Just Nan Horrified into it's whimsy frame. Here's a pic:

I did get the sewing done on a couple of other items but need to add trim & hangers to them yet, so no pics just now.

Last night I finished another ornament. LHN's Happy Skater and I plan on starting the companion, Merry Skater tonight. Here it is:

Little House Needleworks - Happy Skater. 2010 JCS ornament issue. Stitching completed November 20, 2010. Stitched as charted on 32ct raw belfast with DMC. Mill hill beads 00557 substituted for gold dmc stitches.

Well that's all for me today. Once again, thanks for reading my blog, please leave a comment if you have a spare moment.

Happy Stitching

Amanda

4 comments:

Giovanna said...

They're all absolutely lovely finishes, congrats!

Alison said...

Great finishes Amanda. You've done well. I've done nothing!

Karen said...

Your finishes look great! I really like "Tis Red." I might have to add it to my to do list! And I already did French Star as well. The redwork looks so festive!

Julie said...

Congratulations on your finishes - they look great!