Saturday, March 27, 2010

A finish & some w.i.p pics!

Hi all

Thanks for your compliments on my finishes of last. The JBW piece was a fun quick piece and I am resisting the urge to start another! This past week I made some minor progress on a couple of my wips and started & finished my ornament for March. First up here's my ornament:
Little House Needleworks - Home for the Holidays
This one is from the 2005 JCS ornament issue. It's stitched almost as charted, except I used DMC B5200 for the snowman and snowflakes as I wanted them to be dfferent to the house. I also used mill hill petite white beads for the "falling snow"at the top instead of stitches. Fabric is 28ct "butterscotch glitz"opalescent hand dyed lugana from silkweavers. Stitching completed March 26, 2010. There sure was a lot of stitching involved in this one for an ornament but I am really pleased with how it turned out!
Now for some progress pics on my wip's:
Bucilla - Paper Dolly teddy kit - worked a bit on the basket, lots of colour changes in this little motif.Drawn Thread - An Open Heart - stitched few motifs in the top heart. I think one the heart is done it might progress a bit faster.
Ink Circles - Blackstone Fantasy Garden: a bit more done on this one, I'm sort of half way now. This is a fun easy piece to stitch.
OK this is the last one! It's The Trilogy - Family ( also known as, least to me anyway, the great brown blob!). I've been dragging my heels on this one since January 2009! The brown mountain has been my downfall. It's supposed to be sitched in WDW but I have done it in DMC instead. As the mountain is nearly done, I'm hoping the rest of the piece goes quicker, couldn't go any slower that's for sure!!
I'm trying to spend some time with all my wips so there might be similar posts coming!
As always, thanks for taking the time out of your day to see what I've been up to! Your comments keep me going!
Happy Stitching
hugs
Amanda

No comments: