Saturday, November 29, 2008

A finish!

Hi all

Well this past week I didn't feel like stitching on any of my wips so decided a new start was in order. I decided on stitching Shepherd Bush's Friendship Collaboration. This chart was from my friend June's stash who sadly lost her battle with breast cancer in February of this year. I remember when June bought the chart and how she planned on finishing it into a needleroll. I was going to stitch it after her and even bough the charm in preparation. Things got away from both of us and neither of us ended up stitching it. So here it is all stitched up and finished into a needleroll in memory of June.
Happy Stitching all

Amanda

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely Amanda. I can't believe it's coming up to a year since we lost June. I'm sure she'd be happy to see this piece!

cathymk said...

Beautiful, just gorgeous.

Autumn said...

Very nice and a sweet way to remember a friend.

Amanda said...

Thanks everyone! Yes Alison, it was the end of February, I like to think she'd be happy to see this stitched up too!

Karen said...

very pretty and what a wonderful memory of your friend.

Aussie Stitcher said...

The needleroll is gorgeous, and lovely sentiment to dedicate it to your friend.

Milly~ said...

So pretty! I so need to learn to make needlerolls.