Saturday, October 24, 2009

A finish & scissors, scissors everywhere!

Hi everyone

Thanks for your comments on my last finish, it was a fun piece to stitch! Let me present you with my latest finish, Victoria Sampler - Jingle Bells Xmas Tree Farm. First here's a close-up of the final section:
and here's a pic of the whole piece:

Victoria Sampler - Jingle Bells Xmas Tree Farm

Stitched as charted, fabric 28ct hand-dyed jazlyn from Country Stitch, stitching completed October 22, 2009.

I succumbed to some new scissors the other day, how could I resist with our $$ being so good at the moment and the tempation of ginghers calling me! Here's a pic of my latest additions:

And here's a pic of the majority of my collection, there are a few pairs not here which are in projects! My DH said to me the other day when I told him about the new scissors, why do you need so many scissors? My response was, "need" has nothing to do with it, lol!!! DH is very good about my stash purchases and never says anything about them.

Well that it's for me this time, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I need to do an ornament for an exchange and then I will either start some halloween stitching, which is really tempting me, or focus on another wip! Maybe I can accomplish both of these at the same time as one of my wip's is a halloween piece. We will have to see I guess, whatever calls the loudest will be answered, lol!

Happy Stitching all

hugs

Amanda

5 comments:

Daffycat said...

My what a beautiful finish! Congratulations!

Love that scissor collection! My DH is just as sweet but when he asks dumb questions like that I ask him how many screwdrivers HE has!

Anonymous said...

Awesome finish - that design is really sweet :D LOVE your scissor collection - as far as I'm concerned, a girl can NEVER have too many scissors! :P

Lindsay said...

Beautiful finish, Congrats.

I really should get mine out and work on it some more!

Anonymous said...

Nice finish Amanda.

So do tell....what are the names of your new scissors???

Brigitte said...

I have always loved this piece. Congratulations on finishing it.
Great picture of your scissor collection.